Foreman Stevedoring - Mt Maunganui
About the Role and the Successful Candidate
We are inviting vibrant leaders who are interested in a hands-on supervisory role that occurs at the coal face to apply for our Stevedoring Foreman role, otherwise known as a Shift Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your responsibilities include working alongside and managing a large team who load and unload cargo vessels. You will be required to work independently ensuring safety standards and procedures are adhered to. Cargo flow planning and management is achieved through effective use of a computerised scanning and data input system.
As attitude is all important you need to be zealous, energetic, and enthusiastic. A natural leader with outstanding people management, communication and influencing ability your professionalism and sense of urgency will see you succeed in this role. You will be physically fit, be able to work shifts and love working outdoors. Strong computer literacy is required. You may currently be working outside of the shipping industry and ready for a change.
The Shift Manager works a 12 hour shift when on a vessel. The days of work are dependent on shipping so flexibility is very important in this role, shift managers must be prepared for working weekends and public holidays.
Are you prepared for this role? If you can answer yes to all below we want to hear from you.
- Are you prepared to drive an operation to achieve best outcomes?
- Are you prepared to regularly work 12 plus hour shifts?
- Are you prepared to regularly work weekends and public holidays?
- Are you prepared to travel to other ports to work if necessary?
- Are you prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions?
- Are you prepared to be challenged mentally?
- Are you good with figures?
- Are you prepared to take control of a large team of skilled people?
- Are you prepared to take responsibility for personnel in hazardous environments?
ISO is a New Zealand based multi-faceted service provider of cargo logistics, marshalling, transportation, warehousing services and IT solutions. ISO provides innovative services and solutions through its pursuit of competitive excellence which enables New Zealand exporters to be competitive in world markets. Today ISO employs over 800 people and as a Qube company is part of a large logistics network of companies operating within Australasia and the USA.
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career in the cargo handling industry with an organisation that offers a great team culture and excellent opportunities for growth with continued training and an exciting career path, with competitive remuneration and the opportunity to make your mark in a growing dynamic industry.
Only those legally entitled to work in New Zealand should apply to this position.
We offer a working environment where Safety is the #1 priority and where Zero Tolerance on drugs is critical. All candidates must be prepared to undertake pre-employment drug testing and regular random testing.
How to Apply
- Please fill out the questions below
- When you hit apply, you'll be asked to attach your resume - please make sure you have this available before you commence your application